Monday, January 16, 2012

Lazy veganist lunch




I made for myself a yummy dish for my lunch today consisting of only 4 ingredients: shirataki noodles, one raw yellow pepper, red curry powder, and defatted peanut powder (before you turn your nose up, this stuff is natural, delicious, low in fat and higher in protein than regular peanut butter - not all refined things are bad, IMO).

Took about 30 seconds to prep, and contains about 100 calories for more food than I can eat.
Tossing in a piece of fruit, a flax pita, and a high-energy snack for pre-gym (I can list my favorites another time), this contributes to a fruit-and-veg dense, totally plant-based, satisfying eating day. (so no criticisms that my lunch is only 100 calories, ok?)

And how often can most of us say that we had a "satisfying eating day?" Just sayin...

More importantly, this is delicious, filling, high in fiber, very low in fat (about 1.5 grams in the whole serving, which is around 2.5 cups of food), contains around 9 grams of protein (not bad for a dish that is under 100 calories!), and 1 grams of sugars.

This lead to my considering further what to call the upcoming cookbook... How might you feel about "Lazy Vegan" as a title? Would you buy that book?

2 comments:

  1. I would like to pre order your book. Please send the book and the needed ingredients :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem, Ewa. Or I could bring them to you on my next vacation... When's the best time to visit?

      Delete